Monday 9:15-11 with drop off at Softball field, pickup at clubhouse. 1-2 swimming at pool
Tuesday 9-11 with drop off/ pickup on clubhouse porch.1-2 Swimming at pool.
Wednesday 9-11 with drop off/pickup on clubhouse porch. 1-2 swimming at pool
Thursday 9-11 with drop off at Robin Hood Beach. No afternoon camp
Friday 9-11 with drop off on clubhouse porch. 1-2 swimming at Main Pier
The Playground program provides a group play and work session for our young Forest children. Activities are planned and presented that are appropriate for these young campers.
The Playground building and grounds are located southeast of the Clubhouse complex, between Maid Marian and Little John. The facilities are designed for activities normally considered of a “kindergarten” type.
Snacks are provided to Playgrounders each day. The staff pays careful attention to food labels in regards to food allergies as noted on the Camper’s Health History Forms. If juice is served, only pasteurized juice will be served.
Swimming – The Playground children are given their first exposure to swimming during the afternoon sessions, which alternate between the waterfront and pool. Water shoes are encouraged for the younger children at Main Pier. Children are not allowed in the water before class begins. Children must be checked in before class and checked out before going home. After class, children are required to go home immediately unless a parent is present.
Children are placed in different Playground swim groups according to ability and are moved from group to group at the discretion of the counselors. Playground children will be told when they may participate in the Thursday morning swim races. On a day when a child takes part in the races, he/she does not have to come to Robin Hood Beach. Attendance points are given if the child is present to swim, even if child does not swim. All Playground children who do not participate in the races shall come to Robin Hood beach. There will be a Swim Carnival for all levels of Playground & NIT Swimmers at the end of the camp season.
Rainy Day Procedure, and Emergency Procedure – When Camp is canceled because of rain, Playground is also canceled. There will be no swimming on rainy days. Each session is judged separately, so even though it might be raining in the morning, if it clears up by 1:00 P.M., swimming will be held and points given.
If a thunderstorm should arise during the morning session of camp when the camp is already in session, the Playgrounders will seek shelter in the Playground building and continue their morning program. Campers will not be walked up the path during a thunderstorm or during the 30 minutes after a thunderstorm. Parents may come to the Playground to pick-up their child either by way of the footpath or by Little John Hill.
If a thunderstorm should arise during the afternoon session of Playground, parents who are present are encouraged to take their camper home. All other campers will be kept under shelter and dismissed per their individual dismissal policy. (See Section V and VI for Sherwood Forest Camp Emergency Procedures)
- Playground, Scope & Sequence
- Playground, Along the Shoreline Lesson
- Playground Bubbleology Lesson
- Playground Inquiry Curriculum
- Pre-Playground campers are greeted by Pre-Playground staff at 9:00 a.m. in the Activities Room of the Clubhouse and picked up at 11:00 a.m weekdays.
- The Pre-Playground program provides a group play and work session for our youngest children. Activities are planned and presented that are appropriate for these young campers.
- The Pre-Playground holds their program from 9 -11 AM, Monday thru Friday in the Activities Room of the Clubhouse. Enter by way of the stairs by the 4th tee behind the Clubhouse.
- The program is in session rain or shine.
- Snacks are provided to these Campers each day. The Pre-Playground staff pays careful attention to food labels in regards to food allergies noted on Camper’s Health History Forms. If juice is served, only pasteurized juice is served.