The Sherwood Forest Boys and Girls Camp is an incorporated and state certified youth camp. It is located 4 miles from Annapolis, Maryland on the Severn River. It enjoys 300 acres of forest and fields, with a full complement of amenities to include: multiple community activity centers, golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, multiple playing fields, and unrestricted access to the Severn River for swimming, boating and Chesapeake Bay conservation activities. The camp serves approximately 350 community children ages 2 through 16. The camp has a staff of 60 to include: group counselors, special activity and supervisory field directors, along with a small administrative staff.
Founded in the early 1920s, the Sherwood Forest Boys and Girls Camp is designed to provide a meaningful summer program for the children of Sherwood Forest. The goal is to offer the best elements of a traditional “away-from-home” camp program while providing both parents and children mutual enjoyment of the summer together under one roof. The program is designed to meet the following objectives:
- A sense of good sportsmanship.
- Competent instruction and guidance.
- Development of athletic skills.
- A desire for community involvement and responsibility.
- A spirit of friendship and comradeship with others.
- An enthusiasm for participation.
- An appreciation and care for our natural environment.
- A sense of competitive spirit through wholesome fun and camaraderie.
- Respect for all.
- Development of leadership skills.
The Sherwood Forest Boys & Girls Camp is operated solely for the benefit of the children and guests of Sherwood Forest members.